Monday, May 7, 2012

Volunteering In Our Industry Requires A Great Team Providing Support Behind You

I am now serving a volunteer 3 year term on the AAIA Education Committee in the United States. I feel it is an honour to be asked to join that committee (I'm the only Canadian) as they play an important role in determining "how" the aftermarket should move forward in terms of "knowledge" that must be focussed upon with all the instructors/educators in the United States including high schools, colleges and the many private instructors within the Aftermarket. They also advise what detailed education path to follow/recommend for AAIA member companies that ensures future Aftermarket prosperity. Obviously what happens in the US can have an impact here in Canada. The Education committee meets twice a year at a 3 day retreat known as "Leadership Days" as well as numerous multiple hour conference calls between the meetings to ensure "projects" are properly coming to fruition. The commitment is huge for each committee member, however we all feel it is also our responsibility to contribute to the Aftermarket where we can when asked to do so. I love very much what I do and truly enjoy working with the clientele we have in our company, however, I would not be here today or be able to achieve what we do with our clients or be able to volunteer with outside tasks if it wasn't for the incredible TEAM we have in AAEC. Thanks guys...... collectively we are changing peoples lives in such a positive way. You ARE the BEST!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great to see you in Scottsdale Bob and glad to hear that your mission and values are still serving the independent aftermarket in a positive way. The industry can never lack educational support, it will help us foster innovative thinking, which is needed to keep the aftermarket robust and thriving for years to come.

Brent Berman
Manager, Digital Marketing and e-Data, Global Aftermarket
Federal Mogul Corporation

Custom Precision Manufacturer said...

Hi, I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Post a Comment

We invite you to provide your input on each entry from Bob Greenwood. To foster a civil, focused discussion, comments will be moderated for tone, focus and relevancy.

To include your name, select "Name/URL" in the "Comment As" pull down box.